If you have a website full of unique, informative content, but lacks viewership, you have yourself a useless goldmine. Without a steady web viewership, your content, no matter how original or useful it is cannot be availed by the thousands of people in need to such material. However, if you manage to increase your website traffic, not only will the visitors to your site benefit, you will also be able to reap quite a profit. So, how does one go about increasing website traffic? To an untrained amateur this can be very difficult, but for those who are aware of the secrets of the Internet world, nothing is impossible.
Below is a list of experienced ways, you can achieve steadily increasing website traffic.
- Domain Name: While your domain name should be unique, do not use difficult or long words in it. Since, the majority of the internet users, type in the most basic keywords while searching, you should use a keyword friendly domain name to ensure more hits.
- Content Quality: You should take great care while producing content for your website. Be 100 percent sure of originality, and if you are quoting some words, always mention the exact location from where you took it. This will not only improve your credibility, it will save you from any legal implications regarding content plagiarism. Your content should also be informative and error free. Users seldom revisit websites that have errors or mistakes in the content.
- User-friendly Approach: Nobody likes talking to a machine. Same is the case with online viewers. If your content has been generated in a language that is personal and causal, your chances of increasing traffic are higher. Creating content in a manner that you would use as if you are conversing, allows you to stay in touch with your viewers.
- Feedback: Feedback is a way of roughly calculating how popular your website is. Make boxes after every article or video for comments. Create forums and discussions where all your viewers can get together and share their opinions.
- Newsletters: Make regular newsletters for your visitors. Ask frequent visitors to register with your website and email them these informative newsletters weekly or whenever you make them. This way, they remember your site for further reference. Newsletters also make it easier for viewers to share the content with others.
- Advertise: Just like every brilliant product goes nowhere without advertising, similarly you need to get a word out to potential visitors about your site. Sure you will need to spend some money, but in the long run, you will end up earning even more. Create banners or tags and ads directing traffic to you website. Get yourself linked with other websites sharing a common interest. Also create a Facebook page and share important news and promotions with the fans.
- Have Contests: Sites having competitions and giving away free stuff are always popular amongst visitors. You can try doing just that. Have different kinds of contests regularly to keep your website active. Create polls and surveys to keep all your visitors involved in your website.
Once you manage to generate enough traffic, be sure to keep it steady. Keep updating content to prevent it from getting stale. Online world is extremely competitive; even if you succeed in creating a hit website, your success might not stay with you forever. So make an effort and keep things fresh.