There has been a lot of hype about Affiliate and Internet marketing on the internet these days. According to many website surveys, this is by far the most effective method of earning money while sitting at home. Affiliate marketing is a simple process through which people sell other companies’ products by marketing them online. You make a commission every time you make a sale. The best part about affiliate marketing is, you do not have to spend any money and you don’t have to create anything on your own.
- Finding a target audience or say niche should be the first and foremost step when you plan to start affiliate marketing. You cannot just start your business without knowing the requirement of your audience. You can get help from people who are already involved in affiliate marketing.
- Have a piece of paper and pen with you. Jot down all the ideas that come to your mind when you plan to sell some product. It can be anything you get an idea for. No matter how profitable it will be, that’s the later part of the story. What matters is how much you know about the market.
- Affiliate marketing is practically possible with very few things around. It cannot be done with businesses like cars or computers. Narrow down your niche to a much smaller level that seems feasible to be sold on internet.
- Internet searching is the best tool to go about anything. Google anything that you want to understand about your ideas.
- Look for people like you who had already established businesses over the internet. If your niche is competitive then move on to a less competitive niche in which you get more chances of making good money.
- Look for products that match your target market. See what other affiliates are selling to their customers. Also you may search for companies that need affiliate partners to sell their products and their products are exactly what your target audience is looking for.
- Make a platform for yourself. Be it a blog, website, some mode of promoting your product online to your target audience. A blog or squidoo is free to set up and easy to manage.
- The blog should be made attractive. Have someone to write reviews about your products. Include testimonials of people who had already bought your products. Do not just randomly place links on your blog, asking surfers to buy your product.
- Here comes the most important part. Start adding affiliate links in your blogs. After reviewing the product and writing an article about it, write couple of lines about the affiliate links since this is your primary purpose of this whole exercise that will generate money every time a sale is generated.
- In order to have a wider audience to click your page, you need traffic increasing tactics. WordPress and Squidoo Blogs are listed in Google searches. Low competition keywords are fair enough to be targeted and this will also increase your chance of increasing your webpage’s ranking in Google search.
- Please keep track of your affiliate websites since this process continues for a very long time. Initially, you have to invest good deal of time, like 6 months or so but then things would go pretty smooth. Keeping your blog updated and fresh will definitely attract more users. Also the counter on Squidoo blog is a reliable option to check the incoming traffic.
- Tweaking is an integral part of affiliate marketing. You might want to check how much traffic is being converted into sales. More traffic with no or few sales can be dangerous and may require you to make changes to the links of your blog.